Login | Register

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:16 am

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:43 pm 

*REMOVED*

Robert Gresham has been published six times in Wayfinder Magazine, twice for PFC, and a half-dozen times for Yahoo! He is the founder of Wayward Rogues Publishing, and was a guest editor on Rite Publishing's Coliseum Morpheuon fiction anthology.

Last edited by Robertgresham on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:59 pm 

Looking for edits so this can go on site! Thanks :)

Robert Gresham has been published six times in Wayfinder Magazine, twice for PFC, and a half-dozen times for Yahoo! He is the founder of Wayward Rogues Publishing, and was a guest editor on Rite Publishing's Coliseum Morpheuon fiction anthology.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:54 pm 
Site Admin

Given the timing, this couldn't have been posted at a worse moment. We are knee deep in contest stories and there are others needing to be edited as well. I am not sure what to say Content Manager. We need to get a new system going for these forums. This is your area of expertise. If it is not, I need to know that. If Wayfinder stuff is to be done off site, what really can be said for this place. I understand the dynamics of what happened, but if this part of the site is to work, we need to show everyone we not only work on projects pertinent to Pathfinder Chronicler here, but also edit stuff that may go into Wayfinder as well. I would like to see everyone passing the stories back and forth "like the old days" but there is no support here to make me believe that will happen any time soon. It takes a lot of sparks to start a fire but you also need wood to keep it burning.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:48 pm 

Then I guess I'm not looking for edits.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:26 pm 
Site Admin

Well, we want that here. Don't get me wrong. It just doesn't happen easily. In my old, old days I watched this place daily and edited anything that was put up as fast as it was put up. That got immediate feedback because that is what these guys are expecting. They put their story up to be edited, they better comeback and find interest in what they are doing or they're gone. I did that with Montalve for like two years straight, checking it 5-8 times a day. Montalve was usually there like 3-4 times. Went on like that forever it seemed and the worst would be that we edit someone's stuff and they just say, "thanks" and then we never heard from them again. Sometimes we would get a couple guys hanging out like Paris Crenshaw and Jonathan McAnulty. They left though after a bit and then it was just Montalve and myself again. The contest brings in a lot of interest but it is like a high maintenance girlfriend. You feel lucky to have her but no one sees you much anymore.

As I am sure you remember, Laura said we need to have a meeting about this and I am more than willing to find some solution to this problem. The system we had before worked, albeit with a lot of effort on an individual, but I think now we have this odd void that is unclear and not understandable. Unfortunately, all the work that was created went with the site.

Pretty stupid on my part to not have it in a document somewhere, even if the html didn't transfer over correctly.

So, please don't take this personally as somehow I am apt to do. This is a general observation that I am unable to do anything about. Feel free to throw things back at my glass house.

We'll have a meeting about this with Laura.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:35 am 

Yes I think it would be a very good idea to have a meeting about this. We should look over how to over see the story submissions and revamp/revise the submission guidelines, if that 's what is needed.

The goal here is to get the flow of back-and-forth happening again, and to encourage everyone to write *and* edit! :)

And also remember... we're all volunteers here. So let's cut each other a bit of slack and get back to what this forum was intended to be: a place to develop our skills and share our love for writing and this RPG.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:11 am 
Site Admin

LauraBow wrote:
Yes I think it would be a very good idea to have a meeting about this. We should look over how to over see the story submissions and revamp/revise the submission guidelines, if that 's what is needed.

The goal here is to get the flow of back-and-forth happening again, and to encourage everyone to write *and* edit! :)

And also remember... we're all volunteers here. So let's cut each other a bit of slack and get back to what this forum was intended to be: a place to develop our skills and share our love for writing and this RPG.

Ditto

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:20 am 
Site Admin

Truthfully though, I regret and I am sorry to have brought this subject to your editing thread malik. It is better said in the open forums because this area is for your story. My only desire was to explain why there was no traction at this time (at least from myself).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:22 pm 

Now that the contest and Wayfinder are behind the team, I humbly resubmit chapter 10 of From Oppara with Love.

Laura, you're the best editor here. I'd be honored if you took a crack at this. Your perspective in the past has been very helpful.

Attachments:
From Oppara with Love part 10.docx [20.46 KiB]
Downloaded 292 times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:22 am 
Site Admin

I'll see what I can get her to do.

Offline Profile