Login | Register

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:53 pm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:55 am 

I'm wondering whether we 2013 contest entrants should be posting our stories for anthology editing. Or has that process not started yet?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:39 am 

The slumbering giant awakens! :)

Hello, Ghost Shadowcloak! Welcome to this community. Alot has happened in the past year, especially with site difficulties (which I can see are still persisting a little) and this has caused some scattering of the fold. However, I am excited to have an infusion of new blood to the site. My chief job here has been to help Zuxius edit the anthology selections with the authors, though I have been known to assist Robert with some Wayfinder entry editing as well as doing a bit of writing of my own. I must say that I personally have been much more active when we are actively editing an Anthology. However, with Zuxius in school I have agreed to be a bit more active now. It would be nice to get a healthy group of regulars tossing each others' stories back and forth for Anthologies, Wayfinders and other submissions.

And to answer Andrew's question, the anthology editing process is just starting to get going again. Some of the content will include stories from last year's contest as well (hence the horror-themed cover), so we are just trying to decide on how best to represent each author and to keep the size of the volume manageable. Zuxius and I need to have a meeting about this, but if you have a particular submission you'd want to have included feel free to post it (because at this point we're not sure if we can fit 2-3 submissions per author).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:19 pm 

I was wondering what was up with the site... it was down every time I tried to pop in an see what was going on. Glad to see it all up and running again.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:51 am 
Site Admin

Oh yeah, we are up and running. Editing the Anthology IV as well. How have you been Elara? Long time no see.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:24 pm 

Good. Student teaching is done, still no job yet though. Oh... and my hard drive went bad. I had my stories backed up, but apparently almost nothing else.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:53 pm 
Site Admin

If I had to choose between family photos or stories.... <grit teeth>. Morbid choices.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:25 pm 

I've been popping in when I can, but mostly I've been wondering about anthology edits and hoping everything is going okay.
I'll try to check a little more often but I've actually been getting paying stuff going on with Rite Publishing :D (20 Variant Foes line so far. I'm hoping to pitch something in a little bit here if I can figure out how to right a proposal...)

On that note: has anyone here done that before? I have no idea what a proposal is really, besides saying "I want to write this."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:03 pm 
Site Admin

Hmm, a proposal eh? Is this like editing a proposal you have for Rite Publishing? I am thinking that is what you mean.

As far as edits go, eer, not good.

This is my last semester and I have a fairly big test at the end to boot. I am deliberately not working a second job so I have the time I need to study for that.

So priorities are not lending too well to having a book by PaizoCon. We'll see.

If not that Con, I'll be attending GenCon so maybe something can be worked out with Paizo for that if it doesn't happen in time.

Offline Profile