Login | Register

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:01 am

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:43 pm 

Okay, returning members... Roll call!

I'll start.

Hi! I'm Laura. I got involved with the Chronicler as an entrant in the 2011 Fiction Contest with my two stories, Along the Final Path and Gozreh Provides. I have had the opportunity to work with many of the authors on this site one-on-one as an editor of Pathfinder Chronicler Anthology II which was just released at NorwesCon in March! Currently I am working on bringing you Anthology III, and then will be involved in our summer contest as a judge.

I look forward to working with all members of the site, veterans and new recruits alike! :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:20 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, I'm Ted and founder of Pathfinder Chronicler. I created this site after the 2009 RPG Superstar contest. I decided after that I didn't want to be a game designer but would rather be a writer. I thought at the time the two were exclusively different and Paizo would be interested in our efforts here. My original concept for site was to get prepared for an inevitable Pathfinder Fiction Superstar Contest thrown by Paizo.

Four years later I find the reason people come to Pathfinder Chronicler is not the same reason I built it. We have changed immensely but our role in the community is nonetheless an interesting one.

My hope for the site and any endeavor relating to Pathfinder Chronicler is for it to become a beacon for all interested in writing and storytelling, as well as editing.

I look forward to the site's future and maintaining its professional standard that raises the bar on fan fiction to such a level that it is debatable if it is better than the fiction being produced by Paizo.

This summer we plan to throw another contest and I will be reprising my role as a judge. I currently edit Anthology III and look forward to jumping into our Pathfinder Chronicler Display Table trenches at KublaCon and PaizoCon!

Ted Thompson
Pathfinder Chronicler Founder/Publisher

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:43 pm 

Hi, I'm Elaine. I started posting in the forums around the 2011 contest. It's been a lot of fun.

I am not Elaine Cunningham.

I have two stories in Anthology II, both in Irrisen. I am a storyteller, first and foremost. This site has been great in helping me hone my craft and teach me editing techniques. I am always willing to lend a helping hand to anyone who needs help. I have fun here, and I hope everyone else does too :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:22 am 

Hi, I'm Crystle.

I came here for the 2012 Fiction Contest and my story "The Change" is in Anthology II. This site has been awesome in helping me tweak and fine tune my story ideas, and though I have a super busy schedule I do enjoy trying to help others when I can. I look forward to working with my fellow writers again for Anthology III.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:06 pm 

Hi, I'm Robert Gresham. I have been with Pathfinder Chronicler since 2010 and with their help have stories in Anthology 1 and 2 as well as being published with Wayfinder in issues 3-8.

I look forward to helping the writers in any way I can so that we all grow in our craft.

Robert Gresham has been published six times in Wayfinder Magazine, twice for PFC, and a half-dozen times for Yahoo! He is the founder of Wayward Rogues Publishing, and was a guest editor on Rite Publishing's Coliseum Morpheuon fiction anthology.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:22 pm 

Hello, I am Ernesto "Montalve" Ramirez (and I feel like in a AAA meeting right now :P) and I am the Co-Founder of Pathfinder Chronicler and acted as one of the judge in two of the contests.

I also love to play with the Wordpress so I usually organiced the information there until Ted got the knack of it :D

I don't write pathfinder stories anymore still I will try to continue being usefull to the site as much as I can.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:10 pm 

I'm Chad O'Neil and I stumbled onto the Pathfinder Chronicler during the second contest. I teach academic writing at the local community college and work with writers on a one to one basis in a tutoring setting three to four nights a week.

One of my short stories will be in in the third anthology. I'm a big fan of the work you all do here. My teaching schedule is such that I tend to be most active in the Spring (when the course load is smaller). My son turned two in December so free time is slowly coming back.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:33 am 

Hello all, I am Dave. I discovered this site after reading a back issue of the Wayfinder. I think it is a great cite and look forward to contributing to the creativity being fostered here.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:53 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you Brew.

We look forward to seeing your posts and also wish to say, be prepared for some changes coming up in the next month.

Should be interesting.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:45 pm 

Tis I, DarkSasha.
I am a former editor for Frog God Games and occasional (very) amateur short story author. Some of you may recall my stories from the second annual Pathfinder Chronicler Fiction Contest. I used my winnings to purchase the Call of Cthulhu 6th ed. rulebook and I get to beg the creator himself, Sandy Peterson, to sign this book for me this coming June at the North Texas RPG convention in Dallas/Fort Worth.
Prior to entering your contest in 2011 I had under my belt only two short stories. One was published by Tim Nightengale and the Wayfinder crew that same year, in Wayfinder 5. The other was published in two parts, again by Tim in Wayfinders 7 and 8.

Offline Profile