Login | Register

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:54 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:14 pm 

Hello.
I'm excited to be here this year. I wanted to join last year, but it was a very busy time for me, and it wasn't in the cards. This year though, I'm going to actually, for the first time ever, join a writing contest.

My name is Lynn. I played Pathfinder quite a bit in the past, but I haven't been able to play for a few years. I'm looking around my area for groups. I love the world of Pathfinder. Since I only started playing tabletops as an adult and did not have a lot of experience with RPGs at all, I was not overly intimidated by the rules or the world.

I've written throughout the years, but nothing so committed as this contest. I enjoy writing, and I feel I can tell a good story. I'm a great copy editor, as I taught grammar and college writing for several years.

I think what I'm really looking forward to, though, is digging out my Pathfinder books again and re-exploring the world.

Lynn

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:31 pm 
Site Admin

That sounds great Lynn!

We'll be running our contest shortly now. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:46 am 

Hi there, my name is Darren. I've been playing RPG's since 1978, though Pathfinder for only the last year. I've been an avid reader of SF/F and Horror for more years than I care to mention; currently I'm an IT professional living in Flatland (Kansas), and I hope to be inflicting some of my writing on you all in the not too distant future.

In browsing the site, I was wondering if there is a specific process that one should go through for submissions? I certainly don't want to post in the wrong place.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:17 am 
Site Admin

Hi Uther. We run two submission processes at this time. One is for the contest http://pathfinderchronicler.net/services-view/fiction-contest-3/ and the other is here within these forums under Pathfinder Chronicler Website Submissions which requires three edits by fellow authors before being published to the main site.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:36 pm 

Hello, folks.

I just finished four years in the Army and now I get to enjoy four years of college while I study journalism and literature. I've also recently started playing Pathfinder and I find the world of Golarion to be interesting and colorful.

I originally stumbled across this place as the latest contest was winding down. I was inspired, but unable to finish any work before the contest deadline. I have decided to try and continue the story in an extended format (since I no longer need to constrain myself to the word limit) in order to get back into the swing of things, as I have gotten quite rusty over the past four years.

Last edited by MaestroVolpe on Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:27 pm 
Site Admin

Well Maestro, bring what you got and read the forums to see where it should be posted. I would recommend looking into getting something together for Wayfinder too. It has a due date of Sept 29th.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:45 pm 

My name is Jason and I wanted to stop in and say hi. I am looking forward to reading some great stories and sharing a few tales of my own.

Hello all!

jason

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:05 pm 

Welcome

Robert Gresham has been published six times in Wayfinder Magazine, twice for PFC, and a half-dozen times for Yahoo! He is the founder of Wayward Rogues Publishing, and was a guest editor on Rite Publishing's Coliseum Morpheuon fiction anthology.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:11 pm 

Hello,

My name is James Tyner. Long time player and DM of Pathfinder and D&D. Work as a librarian, and am the first Poet Laureate of my city, Fresno California. I have an MFA in creative writing, emphasis in poetry. Very honored to have made it to the top 20, I had a blast writing my story.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:47 am 
Site Admin

Hello James,

I am glad you are enjoying our contest. My name is Zuxius aka Ted Thompson. I had envisioned that one day Paizo would throw such a contest much like RPG Superstar but I totally miscalculated the line of pro and semipro authors they had biting at the bit to write for them. The only choice I had after that was to reach out to the fans and usher in something new and undeniably the voice of future writers in fantasy. I have taken up this role to steward that talent and perhaps one day create other worlds which everyone could be part of in some epic literary fantasy project. We'll see.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next